PDF downloadable from web site by exhibitors.
IMAGE SPECIFICATIONS :
1. Required dimension of images in horizontal side must be within 1920 pixels.
Required dimension of images in vertical side must be within 1080 pixels.
2. The image file must be in JPEG format.
3. Please submit images with 300 dpi resolution & colour space sRGB File size of the Image should not
4. While filling up the entry form, Please give full titles as you want them to be printed in the catalogue.
5. Titles should not be unduly long max 35 characters.
The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
Maximum 4 images may be entered in each section. Total 16 Images can be submitted. An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section.
Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted).
All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted. The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted.
The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website.
Awards will be mailed by registered post with proper reasonable care but organisers will not be held responsible for any damage, loss or theft.
The decision of the Panel of selectors is final and binding, no further appeal will be entertained.
Submission of entries implies acceptance of all conditions of the Salon.
This Salon is conducted in conformity with FIAP, GPU and FIP regulations. Acceptances and awards will be taken into account for the FIAP, GPU, SSS and FIP distinctions. All Acceptances are eligible for statistics applicable to FIAP, GPU, SSS and FIP Distinction
DATA PROTECTION :
By entering this salon, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the salon organizers for purposes associated with this salon. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations that have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this salon. You acknowledge and accept that entering this salon means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
BREACH OF CONDITIONS :
If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the salon organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of this salon that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the salon organizer reserves the right to delete the entry from the salon and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the salon. Fees may either be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the salon organizer or the judges is final.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the salon organizer may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
a) the images are the original work of the entrant and
b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
These steps include but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fail to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter-evidence to refute the salon organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry and declined. Such entries may be referred to FIP for further investigation of possible ethics violations.
FIP retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the FIP rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to salons, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants
automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering this salon and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
When an entrant fills in the Entry Form to submit an entry the entrant will see a feature to affirm he or she has read these Conditions of Entry when he or she fills out the entry form. If the entrant does not so affirm the entry will not be submitted.
|FIAP/FIP DEFINITION OF MONOCHROME :
A Black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome Work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a Monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a works requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.
|FIAP/FIP DEFINITION OF COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY:
Entries must originate as photographs (image captured of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. Pictures on any subject including creative or experimental images can be submitted. Use of Computer generated graphics is totally restricted except in Creative thematic section. All element of the image must have been shot by the author. No part of the image should have been taken from Net or other person’s image. Use of some filters available on net is permissible.
Same images either colour or mono in two different section of the same Salon will result in disqualification for both the images.
|FIAP/FIP DEFINITION OF PHOTO TRAVEL :
Photo Travel image must expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment. Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original Image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustment are removable of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to grayscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared are not permitted. All allowed adjustments must appear natural.
1. A travel image depicts features of a culture, place or people as found naturally, anywhere in the world.
2. Images of individuals or group must show their environment or location.
3. The image should not be a SET UP image and it should not be a directed image.
4. It should not be from a PHOTO WORKSHOP where a troupe dances for the workshop organizer or HORSES are made to run in dust or water or an individual shows his acrobatics on payment of a fee.
5. Many monasteries have religious festivals with dances etc. and it is perfectly legal to submit such images though you may have paid an entry fee. Same is true for ballet and other stage shows.
6. Images shot at fairs where the subject is obviously posing for you, with or without payment, is only good for pictorial section. On the other hand a candid image is good for PT section.
7. Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. Conversion to infrared, either by digital technique or by original technique is not allowed. Stitching of two or more image is not permitted.
8. Complete conversion to grey scale Monochrome is allowed but without partial or complete toning.
9. It is perfectly legal to remove dust, flares or digital noise. Minor global colour / tone correction is OK as long as it is not selective and the final image looks natural but not dramatic. Dodge and Burn tool is for you only but use it judiciously. Correction of perspective is perfectly legal. Techniques like panning, slow shutter speed or in exposure
zooming are part of your creativity. Filters like Polarizers and NDs are ok but star effect or rainbow filters are illegal.
10. Drone photography is OK as long it is legally permissible in that part of the world. In India use of DJI Mavic Mini model of Drone is perfectly legal, except in areas where Drone Photography is prohibited by the authorities like National Parks etc.
11. Finally, be sensitive to the community or people whom you are shooting. Care for your subjects and care for your fellow photographers as well. If someone doesn’t wish to be photographed, please respect the person’s feelings and greet her or him with a sweet smile before parting ways.